Thursday, May 20, 2010

In The Shelter of Your Mercy

This is the nineteenth in a series of journal entries begun in October, 2009. See initial blog post on February 21, 2010.


November 11, 2009

It is in the shelter of your mercy and compassion I rest this morning Lord. It is to your heart of love that knows first hand the effects of sin and sickness, I run. Like the woman who reached out in desperation to touch the hem of your robe…I too come seeking your touch….asking for your healing….hoping that some might see and see your glory…yet realizing it is simply your great mercy and grace I really long for.

You wept, you sighed, you groaned when you encountered all that the evil one had brought upon this world due to our rebellion. Did your heart hurt for us? Was not this the reason you came, to heal…to give sight…to make the lame to walk…the deaf to hear…to release the prisoners from their chains? If no one believed as they witnessed your works of compassion, would you not have still healed because of your great love?

You alone hold life and death in your hands. You choose both for your purpose, for ways I do not understand.

Hear my plea, oh Lord, grant life, give healing, not necessarily that others might see and be changed, but that I might spend the rest of my earthly days marveling at your heart that cries and weeps, that sighs and groans like mine. That I might fully come to know you as my great high priest, who is touched by all the touches me….touch me oh God.

No comments: