Tuesday, May 18, 2010

God is My Salvation

This is the eighteenth in a series of journal entries begun in October, 2009. See initial blog post on February 21, 2010.


November 7, 2009


“Behold, God is my Salvation; I will trust and will not be afraid; for the Lord God is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation." Isaiah 12:2


I get this so reversed, Lord. I find myself afraid and try to convince myself to trust in you. You tell me to first see you – You ARE my salvation – therefore in YOU I can trust! Because of YOU, I do not have to fear. The circumstances may be grim, there may be giants in the land – but often it is not for me to know this, in mercy you cover my eyes – I am simply to trust in you. You will accomplish all you have purposed to do.


Keep me from dwelling upon the unseen giants, oh God. You are my hope and my salvation, my life's song. Indeed, whom shall I fear! Of whom shall I be afraid, for you are God and there is none like unto you.

No comments: