Monday, May 10, 2010

An Eternal Perspective

This is the seventeenth in a series of journal entries begun in October, 2009. See initial blog post on February 21, 2010.

November 6, 2009

“So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day.”

How this has triggered something in my heart, Lord. Each day, whether I know it or not, from the moment I was born….my outer self…this body…began to waste away. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. And yet, that very process points to the truth; the longer I live, the weaker this body becomes while at the same time my inner man is becoming stronger and stronger. It is a parallel I never understood.

When I am weak, He is strong. When my flesh fails, God prevails. “I must decrease, that he might increase!”

Oh Lord, give me an eternal perspective.

No comments: