Sunday, July 4, 2010

Guilty Wanderers

This is the twenty-second in a series of journal entries begun in October, 2009. See initial blog post on February 21, 2010.


November 16, 2009

Psalm 107 strikes deep within my soul. Wanderers....rebellious fools...wilfull sinners....world travelers in the pursuit of business….what an unlikely lot. Guilty all in their own ways. United by a common thread in this Psalm….they all cried out to you and you delivered them. Why? Because of your steadfast love.

I too Lord have wandered in rebellion, willfully pursing sin and chasing the ways of the world. But Jesus!

Oh Lord, where would I be had you not reached down in your great love and drawn me in at an early age. You have been faithful these many years, even when my faith has faltered.

I praise you, my Lord. I thank you my God. Your steadfast love endures forever.

“Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever! Let them thank the Lord for his steadfast love, for his wondrous works to the children of man! For he satisfies the longing soul, and the hungry soul he fills with good things.”

No comments: