Thursday, November 18, 2010

Filled with Wonder

This is the thirty-fifth in a series of journal entries begun in October, 2009. See initial blog post on February 21, 2010.

Christmas Morning 2009

Today we celebrate your coming! It seems like only yesterday I stood in that field overlooking Bethlehem....such wonder, such amazement, such understanding that you came to that tiny insignificant little town, making it…for that night…the most important place on this earth you created. Creator became one with His creation! Such mystery. Such love!

I cannot help but wonder….and I know you understand because you walked among us, as us….I cannot help but wonder where next Christmas will find me? Will this be but a memory, this time of ill health, of concern? Will I have walked through more pain, more surgery? Will I be home in heaven with you?

Oh God, I wonder, but most of all I am filled with the wonder of you, that I need not wonder at all!

No comments: