Sunday, March 7, 2010

Swallowed Up By Life

This is the fifth in a series of journal entries begun in October, 2009. Please see initial post on February 21, 2010.

October 20, 2009

2nd Corinthians 5:4-5

That is it exactly!! Listen…

“For while we are still in this tent, we groan, being burdened –not that we would be unclothed, but that we would be further clothed, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life.”

This is what you are working in my heart Lord. It is not so much that I would chose to be unclothed; that is, anxious to shed this earthly tent that has served me well these many years. Rather it is that I look forward to being “fully clothed; that is, in my heavenly body, my heavenly home, my dwelling with you.

I am not afraid-yes perhaps I even long for that day when this mortal body must die that it might be swallowed up by life, your life, oh God, eternal life!

No comments: